So last week I wrote a journal on the intrusive eyesore that is the "More Like This" feature. Tons of people complained to HQ that we preferred it as a button, and why.
- Revert it back to a button. It's still button for a few Deviants, how hard is it to take it back to that?
- Make it collapsible or Drop Down menu.
- Move it further down the page, past the artists information and "More from this artist".
- Make it smaller
than the the thumbnails of the artists own work.
- Make it customizable so we can choose what we feature beside our own artwork. As of now, it's advertising our old crap AND Scraps. (as well as other people's art we don't want there) I had to store my Scraps so they wouldn't show up in it
- show LESS thumbnails.
- The distribution of exposure is terribly
unfair. many people are forced to advertise others, while some deviants only advertise their own work. It's a good feature, and good idea, no one is suggesting we scrap it. but as it is now, it's rather distracting and poorly placed. That's it. We aren't poo-pooing all the work that went into making it.
However, in the true spirit of Deviantart, they completely ignore the overwhelmingly negative feedback, as well as some very reasonable concerns and suggestions . You can make your opinion known here : fav.me/d5sh5g3
I see what you did there Deviantart
I found this posted in a thread; a way to disable
More Like This on our own:
This takes it off of your own view- it doesn't disable your artwork from being put into the mix of the system ( or your scraps and old crap. If you don't want your Scraps showing, you have to put them in Storage).
**** if you use it, it's polite to comment or
Also: Turn your New Blinding White Submit page back to soothing Green!